Networking Tips from Mastermind Consulting
- Team up with a church or sponsoring group to promote and support
a special cause instead of offering free presentations.
- Charge a small fee for attendance with all proceeds going
to the cause. This increases the perceived value of the presentation
and also supports a worthy cause.
- The sponsoring group may also be more interested because this
becomes a fund-raiser as well as a means to support the community.
- The sponsoring group will help promote the program.
- If well promoted, you could be speaking to groups of 10 to
several hundred people.
- If you turn 10% of those in attendance into individual or
group clients, you can easily fill your calendar.
- Some sponsors may also allow you to sell workbooks or other
materials at the event. This is just one more low-cost way to promote
- Public speaking has been termed networking on steroids. It
is an excellent way to show your skill, knowledge, and the compassion
that allows people to know, like, and trust you.
- These people will frequently seek to employee your services.